Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Challenge to Myself

Well...I got the greatest idea from seeing the new movie "Julia and Julie". If you don't know the movie, it's about a woman who starts a blog, challenging herself to cook through Julia Child's French Cookbook in 365 days. Great movie and Meryl Streep deserves another Oscar for her role as Julia Child.

It got me to thinking...Earlier this year one of my artists friends (Linda Tracey Brandon) gave a talk to members of my art group Portrait Artists of Arizona on starting a portrait business. She said to really be accomplished at portraiture you need to have done at least 500 portraits!!! Wow! I remember saying to myself..."I've made barely a dent in that in my whole entire life!"

I've decided to challenge myself to draw or paint 500 portraits. Actually only 350, because I've estimated (on the very low side, since I'm not sure exactly) I've done between 150-200.

So follow along with me, while I challenge myself to draw or paint 350 portraits in 365 days!!! I might do 1 in a day, or 5 in a day who knows...but I am very excited about this project.

I better get going...huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment