Monday, October 12, 2009

Oil Portrait of Laura S


This is an in-progress shot showing the underpainting and grisaille. Will need to completely dry before applying glazes. The background will not be so vividly purple and will be toned down considerably. I was doing this really fast for some reason...as if I was on the clock with a major deadline. So, the facial areas are a little on the painterly side and I kinda like it.

While its drying, will attack doing a "pet portrait"...I don't or haven't done any animal art in many years, so it will be a challenge, but I have 3 different pets lined up for me to work on. One of my own kitty, Francesca, probably will be a pastel on velour, but I need a larger sheet to start that one, and two doggies. My Mom's former pet, we lost earlier this year, Max which I will do in oil, and my friend Angela's poochy Nela. I'm feeling more motivated and excited about these new projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment