Friday, October 2, 2009

Portrait of My Brother - Red Chalk

(image removed)This was completed a couple days ago. Working from a photo I took in 2006, the challenges were his being a bit sunburned and I used flash. This is my brother and how I see him, in my opinion, a very handsome fellow :) We've always been pretty close, as kids we were "two peas in a pod" so to speak. About the materials, though, the chalk pencil I used says it is "red chalk" but is actually quite orange compared to some of the other brands of chalk I've purchased. I have varying degrees of sepia, sanguine, red, etc. all different in shade and texture. It's frustrating, because I am forgetting which one is which until I'm half-way through the drawing wondering why I'm not getting the affect I want! So, anyway...I think I need to make further notes and mark my tools so I know which one I'm picking up...argh! It's all a learning process! LOL Another thing, this was drawn on a beige/tan pastel paper, but appears gray...don't know why :)

Days to go: 318
Portraits to go: 332

No comments:

Post a Comment