Thursday, September 10, 2009

Final - Lady Fraser after Henry Raeburn

It is finished! I couldn't get my daily horoscope out of my mind though... "finish projects in-progress before beginning anything new". Geez...no kidding!! Ha! Can you tell which is the painting and which is the photo? OK, so it's not perfect. But, one of the purposes of doing this project is to practice "achieving a likeness" so why I show the reference photography as comparison.

To be a portrait artist, it needs to look like the subject, right? So, onward I go. I had my friend Mary come by for another sitting and to check over the status of her portrait. It is important to have feedback from the subject if possible. She had some very valid comments, but overall, she is pleased with its progress. I hope to have that done before the weekend.

I've only completed 5 portraits in 12 days...but, my real problem isn't doing the 350 portraits in 365 days...but...where do I plan on finding 345 more subjects?!! I don't think I thought of that when I got this big idea. I might have to establish some rules for myself. Like allowing to do multiple portraits of the same subject. That would help considerably. Well...it's another late night and my eyes are bleary...I bid you good night :)

Days to go: 353
Portraits to do: 345

No comments:

Post a Comment