Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Self-Portrait - Sepia Chalk on toned paper


I can't believe its been since Thursday that I've posted anything new! Been working on Mary's portrait and its about done. Decided to fill in the background and waiting for it to dry before putting last finish layer...perhaps tomorrow. So, today I decided to do a Self-portrait. I don't care much for doing self-portraits...had to do them in college art classes. I also hate most photos of me. But, here it is. I actually like this pose in the photo and have been using it on my Facebook account. I used Light Sepia chalk on green toned pastel paper. It's the same paper I used on Chris Saper's, and I still dislike it. I think I will give it away. Much too grainy for my taste.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful self-portrait. I tried it once and got so discouraged drawing all the wrinkles!!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna...I just ignore the winkles :) LOL

    ReplyDelete